The Organica Emporium is owned and operated by The Organica Emporium (ABN: 94168896015) which is covered by the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 and amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000).
Purpose of the Policy.
The Organica Emporium is covered by the Privacy Act and is taking all reasonable steps to comply with the Act and protect the privacy of the personal information that we hold. The Policy applies to The Organica Emporium.
The Personal Information that The Organica Emporium Collects.
The Organica Emporium collects the following personal information in relation to the individuals it deals with directly as purchasers, or the individuals it deals with who are a contact person for purchasing organizations:
- your name
- address and other contact details (telephone, facsimile, email, etc.)
Why We Collect Personal Information.
The Organica Emporium collects this information for the following purposes:
- selling you our product and or services,
- satisfying the service and delivery requirements of customers,
- administering and managing the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions of The Organica Emporium.
The Organica Emporium may disclose this information to:
- the bank through which purchase payments are received,
- our insurer/s
- mailing houses, for use with our mailings only
- legal and other professional advisers
- government departments, but only when we are legally obliged to provide such information.
Sources of Information.
Where possible we will collect the information directly from our purchasers. If personal information is collected from another party other than the individual themselves, then The Organica Emporium will take reasonable steps to inform that individual of the collection.
The Organica Emporium does not send personal information overseas.
Access to Your Personal Information
The Organica Emporium provides access to you in relation to the personal information that we hold about you. All requests for access will be:
- treated seriously
- dealt with promptly
- dealt with in a confidential manner, and
- will not effect your existing obligations or effect the commercial arrangements between you and The Organica Emporium.
We will provide access by allowing you to inspect, take notes of or receive copies or print outs of the personal information that we hold about you. Access will only be denied if:
- the request does not relate to the personal information of the person making the request
- providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to life or health of a person
- providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- the request is frivolous and vexatious
- the request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings
- providing access would prejudice negotiations with the individual making the request
- access would be unlawful
- denial of access is authorised or required by law
- access would prejudice law enforcement activities
- access discloses a 'commercially sensitive' decision making process or information
- any other reason that is provided for in the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) set-out under the Privacy Act
We will take all reasonable steps to provide access ASAP of your request. A charge may be imposed if the time taken to retrieve archived information is considerable but this will be quoted and agreed prior to the work being done.
You can request access via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information that we hold. This includes appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy.
We do not contract out data storage or processing functions.
If you choose not to provide the information
You are not obliged to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide The Organica Emporium with the requested information we may not be able to provide you with the full range of our products and/or services.
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices or wish to make a complaint about how your personal information is managed please contact us via email to email@example.com
All complaints will:
- be treated seriously
- be dealt with ASAP
- be dealt with in a confidential manner
- not effect your existing obligations or the commercial arrangements that exist between this organization and you.
If you have provided us with personal information you have a right to make a complaint, have it investigated and dealt with under this policy.
Complaints can include matters such as:
- how personal information is collected
- how personal information is stored
- how this information is used or disclosed
- how access is provided
You may complain in writing, and once the complaint has been made, it will then be resolved in a number of ways:
- Request further information and investigation: We may request further information from you. You should be prepared to give as many details as possible including details of any relevant dates and documentation. This will enable us to investigate the complaint and determine an appropriate and useful solution. All details provided will be kept confidential.
- Discuss options: We will discuss options for resolution and if you have suggestions about how the matter might be resolved you should discuss these with us. We may also suggest other solutions or give examples of how the personal information can be revised or stored in a different way.
- Resolution: You will be informed of the outcome and the reasons for the decision. If this does not resolve the complaint, the matter will be referred to a mutually agreed intermediary.
The Organica Emporium is unable to deal with anonymous complaints as we are unable to investigate properly and follow-up such complaints. However, in the event that an anonymous complaint is received we will note the issues raised and try and resolve them appropriately.